I am the last barman poet...I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make...Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake...The sex on the beach. The schnapps made from peach. The velvet hammer. The Alabama slammer...I make things with juice and froth ...The pink squirrel. The three-toed sloth...I make drinks so sweet and snazzy...The iced tea. The kamakazi . The orgasm. The death spasm. The Singapore sling. The dingaling... America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got ...But if you want to got loaded .... Why don't you just order a shot? Bar is open.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Vodka Infusion of the week: Skittles Vodka- Taste the Vodka

Ingredients:
1 bottle of Vodka
1 large bag of Skittles

This weeks infusion is going to be Skittle Vodka… now reading up on it, it does seem to have mixed results. Some say too sweet, some say too syrupy, and some say just right! Though all did have the same warning- you can’t taste the alcohol! So remember that by adding the skittles you aren’t changing the proof of the vodka. Drink wisely!

Step 1:
You have two options- you can either add all the skittles (except for Green and Purple- they make odd color and taste combos) or you can separate out each color and make individual flavor vodka. I’ve decided to try separating the colors.


Though a hint to you- do this on a full stomach! I started when I was hungry and quickly wanted to throw up from eating too many skittles (that and I started to get worried I was going to eat all the skittles and then only have ½ skittles vodka!



So I put on some music and started my sorting… though I have to say it did get a little tedious (making me wish maybe I should have just thrown them all in together and just chance that they come out good!). Though it turns out there are only 5 skittles colors, I guess you can’t really taste the entire rainbow! But my second tip of the day is to probably do this with someone so you can chat as you sort… but I digress and must get back to my sorting…

Step 2:
Place skittles (use 20-25 skittle per 350 ML of Vodka) in a glass/plastic jar with an airtight lid. Fill with Vodka.











Step 3:
Place in a dark place for 1 -2 weeks.

Step 4:

Strain out the Skittles with a cheese cloth and enjoy!


No comments: