I am the last barman poet...I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make...Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake...The sex on the beach. The schnapps made from peach. The velvet hammer. The Alabama slammer...I make things with juice and froth ...The pink squirrel. The three-toed sloth...I make drinks so sweet and snazzy...The iced tea. The kamakazi . The orgasm. The death spasm. The Singapore sling. The dingaling... America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got ...But if you want to got loaded .... Why don't you just order a shot? Bar is open.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Hour of the Week: Mexicali

Mexicali Cocina Cantina
12161 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604-2515
Phone: (818) 985-1744

Rating: On a scale of 1 – 4 shots
Overall- 3.5 Shots


Location- 2 Shots. Since it’s in the Valley! But anyone from over that side of the hill will rate it a 5 since it’s in the middle of everything over there, and only a short canyon ride away from Hollywood and Beverly Hills.

Atmosphere- 2 shots. Although it’s a great bar it was pretty empty for a Monday night and the crowd was mostly much older (unattractive) men. Though as a disclaimer I have to say I’ve been here many times and it’s usually packed. But had to deduct a shot based on the fact it only has one Women’s restroom!

Drinks- 4 Shots. The Margaritas were good and cheap. During happy hour (4 – 5pm, Monday – Friday) it’s under 5 dollars for a regular margarita! But watch out the specialty margaritas are a little more. Though the low carb (AKA Jessica Simpson) is actually really good and worth the extra money!

Food- 3 shots. The foods great, usually a little over priced but you get big portions for your money. And on Monday night it’s 30% off all food so for 10 dollars I got a huge plate of nachos (too much for 3 people!) and a Margarita.

Bartenders- 4 Shots. They were attractive, quick and attentive.

A special thanks to Kelly and Alissa for enjoying Margarita Monday with me!

No comments: